The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust (GEFT) bursary is the educational arm of Genesis Analytics – an African economics-based consulting firm. The principal objective of the foundation is to support initiatives to promote the educational and professional development of young people in the designated groups, as described by the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, in the discipline of economics and related fields. Related fields include development economics, applied economics, economic science; or politics, philosophy and economics (PPE).
The GEFT bursary is offered to young South African students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are eligible to study towards their Honours or Master’s degree in Economics or related fields at a recognised South African university.
Applicants must have achieved a consistent average of 65% and above for their undergraduate and/or Honours degree. The bursary primarily covers tuition fees, as well as books and stationery. Dependending on available funds, GEFT may be in a position to contribute towards additional needs such as accommodation and transport.
Applications close on Friday, 23 August 2019.
A complete application must consist of the following:
- A recent copy of your CV
- A copy of your South African identity document
- A page long motivational letter
- Full academic transcripts from your very first year of study to date. Please note that full transcripts must be uploaded as a single document
- A writing sample (eg. An essay, proposal, or assignment. This must be a recent submission from the current or previous academic year)
Genesis Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Suitable candidates are described as per the designated groups i.e. South African Indian, Coloured and African candidates, as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998.
Apply online via the Genesis Analytics website by close of business on Friday, 23 August 2019.
- Candidates must be South African Citizens by birth
- Applications sent by email will not be considered
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised opportunity
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially.