Genesis Analytics is the largest African economics-based consulting firm. We have been providing high quality consulting and advisory services since 1998 from our headquarters in Johannesburg and offices in Nairobi and London. We built our reputation in competition, and regulatory economics and financial services strategy consulting but have since expanded our offering to incorporate agribusiness, climate-smart agriculture and infrastructure, and health. This sector work is underpinned by our specialist practices in evaluation and behavioural solutions.
The Health practice, in which this position falls, focuses on building healthier lives for Africans through research, monitoring and evaluation of health programmes; behavioural sciences; strengthening health systems; and health economics and financing.
We are looking for a senior team member to support the embedding and expansion of our Behavioural Sciences service offering.
The Manager level is a senior-level position within the organisation. It is responsible for ensuring project completion to the required service excellence standards, liaising with partners regarding project progress, managing staff, and involvement in work origination and profitability.
The work will be delivered through:
- Well managed consulting projects
- Developing strategic insights and leading team problem solving
- Ensuring effective working relationships within teams and with clients
- Growing the client base through creating a network of appropriate relationships
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to behavioural science projects
- Successful execution of projects related to behavioural analysis, behavioural intervention design and monitoring and optimisation
- Application of behavioural sciences thinking, theory and logic to problem-solving
- Independently initiates and manages all client interactions, needs and negotiations as a behavioural sciences expert
- Performance management of project teams and individual team members
- Coaching and developing staff
- Intellectual leadership for all behavioural science projects ensuring efficient delivery of a quality product
- Completion of practice administrative functions
- Direct involvement in the productivity and profitability of the practice
- Active marketing of Genesis Analytics and the Health practice area to ensure ongoing sustainability and extension of the business through work origination
- Building of intellectual capacity and property
- Business development in behavioural sciences
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong background in Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, Social and Behaviour Change communication or similar
- Demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and evaluating social and behavioural change projects, preferably in Health.
- Previous management consulting experience would be highly advantageous
- Consulting character, including analytical thinking, deep problem-solving capability, natural leadership, teamwork, the ability to deliver results, functional and technical expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit, are some of the critical consultant behaviours needed
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Exceptional research, analytical and lateral thought processes
- Strong delivery skills – ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Sound management skills
- Leadership and performance management skills and experience
- Ability to maintain strict ethical standards and client confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Vital planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Experience in productivity and profitability management
- Proven track record of work origination
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Sound judgement and the ability to live the Genesis Values
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Advanced PC literacy, especially MS Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This role forms part of our global-African vision and strategy. It is open to be based in any of our three principal offices, being Johannesburg (South Africa), Nairobi (Kenya) or London (UK). Eligibility to live and work in any of these countries is, however, a prerequisite. Therefore either citizenship, permanent residency or a valid visa/work permit should be in place already at the time of application.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please follow the online application process on the career’s portal of the Genesis website.
- We use an automated applicant tracking system to receive and manage all applications at one central point. For this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications.
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt.
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Applications can only to be made online – no other means of application will be accepted.
- Relevant previous experience is essential.
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within three weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role.
- All applications will be treated confidentially.