Genesis Analytics is a global African firm that has worked in more than 84 countries across the world. Our roots are firmly in Africa, having worked in 42 of the 54 countries on the continent.
Our purpose as a firm is to unlock value through seeking solutions with our clients. The foundation of our distinctive delivery is in the technical skills and deep sector knowledge we have developed through our work in the area between the market and the state.
Established in 1998, Genesis is headquartered in Joburg and our operations include corporate offices in Abidjan, Nairobi, Lagos and London. We also have representation in India, the UAE and Canada so we can work closely with our clients in finding scalable solutions that will work in the real world.
We have expertise in behavioural economics, competition economics and regulation, the digital economy and regulation, economic impact assessments, financial services strategy, human development, monitoring and evaluation, public health and financing, shared value and corporate impact, as well as youth employment. Some of our best work has been through leveraging our complementary areas of expertise to find fresh solutions.
Our clients include all levels of government, regulators, banks, development finance institutions, law firms, development agencies, foundations, as well as regional and international organisations.
We work with leading financial institutions to address their challenges, unlock value for their stakeholders and shape the industry's future.
The primary purpose of the job is to lead and participate in teams that are engaged on strategic consulting assignments for a variety of clients including, large and small banks, mobile network operators, donor organisations, microfinance institutes, government departments and law firms.
Examples of our projects include refining client strategies, developing relevant customer-value propositions and pricing structures for the markets our client operate in or wish to enter, responding to regulatory developments or other market trends, redesigning customer journeys and operating models to address customer pain points or support strategy implementation.
- Reports to Partner/Management level
- The Roles within the Banking Strategy practice include Partner, Principal, Manager, Senior Associate, Associate and Analyst
- Strong academic background – minimum of a postgraduate degree in an analytical field of study. Preference for Economics and/or Finance.
- Master’s Degree is preferable
- 4 – 6 years of consulting experience and a passion for consulting
- Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated in a project environment
- Experience with research and data gathering, especially economic data
- Strong numerical and data analytical skills
- Ability to synthesis data and extract insights
- Excellent English communication and writing skills – ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to lead and guide junior team members on project work and analysis
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable being assertive
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team as well as independently
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL ALIGN TO THE ROLE:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Confident networker
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Sound problem solving and judgement skills
- Professional and confidential approach to dealing with sensitive information
- Advanced PC literacy
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Manage projects, generate sound advice and provide quality assistance to clients - use skills and experience to break down complex problems into tractable component parts and identify practical ways to resolve each component.
- Perform rigorous analysis of data and reports using both conceptual problem solving and quantitative approaches - independently identify and overcome data and conceptual problems that emerge during the analysis.
- Review the inputs of junior consultants - nurture, train and mentor junior consultants
- Prepare clearly thought-out and logically written documents using MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Undertake new business development - producing proposals and marketing Genesis Analytics to selected clients
- Interact and negotiate with clients
- Build company intellectual property
- Keep abreast of industry developments
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please follow the online application process on the career’s portal of the Genesis website
- We use an automated applicant tracking system in order to receive and manage all applications in one central point, and for this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents / attachments cannot bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted
- Preference will be given to South African Employment Equity applicants
- Relevant previous experience is essential
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially