Genesis Analytics is a global African firm that has worked in more than 84 countries across the world. Our roots are firmly in Africa, having worked in 42 of the 54 countries on the continent.
Our purpose as a firm is to unlock value through seeking solutions with our clients. The foundation of our distinctive delivery is in the technical skills and deep sector knowledge we have developed through our work in the area between the market and the state.
Established in 1998, Genesis is headquartered in Joburg and our operations include corporate offices in Abidjan, Nairobi, Lagos and London. We also have representation in India, the UAE and Canada so we can work closely with our clients in finding scalable solutions that will work in the real world.
We have expertise in behavioural economics, competition economics and regulation, the digital economy and regulation, economic impact assessments, financial services strategy, human development, monitoring and evaluation, public health and financing, shared value and corporate impact, as well as youth employment. Some of our best work has been through leveraging our complementary areas of expertise to find fresh solutions.
Our clients include all levels of government, regulators, banks, development finance institutions, law firms, development agencies, foundations, as well as regional and international organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our Centre of Digital Excellence team.
The Centre of Digital Excellence (C0DE) at Genesis is focused on technology innovation and the opportunities it provides for drastically improving the development potential of African nations. We advise our partners on how to build sustainable ecosystems that enable transformative tech applications – covering the full spectrum of elements that must be in place. This includes:
- Strategy formulation - identifying the right tech-enabled economic and social opportunities (such as job creation, improving service delivery of education and healthcare, etc.) and how they will achieve the desired outcomes
- Governance and leadership - coordination between government departments, private sector and donors to make tech application ecosystems sustainable
- Digital infrastructure requirements – national broadband connectivity, data storage and processing and device usage requirements
- Policy and regulatory reforms – innovation and start-up policies, data sharing and protection, sector-specific tech governance, public IT procurement policies, etc.
- Human capital development - digital skills development for the economy, capacity building of government staff, etc.
- Innovative business - supporting private sector innovation, helping governments and donors select the right partners and vendors, etc.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our C0DE team as a Manager. The Manager role is a middle-management position reporting to the Principal of C0DE. You will design and execute assignments focused on digital economy development for our government, donor and corporate clients. You will manage small teams of Genesis staff and be the primary point of contact for clients on the projects you manage. You will have some responsibility for business development in addition to project delivery and managing junior team members.
The successful candidate must have a background in management consulting with an understanding of how to scope, execute and manage consulting assignments. This includes business development for winning consulting assignments, managing the activities and outputs of junior team members, and engaging with clients.
They will also have experience in digital economy development – tech policy and regulation, national digital skills development, digital infrastructure and inclusion, digitally traded services, tech solutions in agriculture, healthcare, etc. Candidates with enterprise digital transformation experience in the private sector only will not be considered as our projects related to the development of the digital economy as a whole, rather than digitally transforming specific companies. Our scope does include government digital transformation.
The candidate can be located in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos or London but must be willing to travel for assignments and spend some time at the Genesis head office in Johannesburg.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- 4 to 6 years of experience essential
- At least 4 years of management consulting experience is a pre-requiste
- At least two years of experience in digital economy development
- Experience in the development of national and sector economic strategies beneficial
- Master’s degree in Economics or related discipline
- Ability to travel
- Project management abilities
- Strong problem solver and critical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage small teams
HOW TO APPLY:
*** Take Note: Applications made via LinkedIn or email will not be reviewed. PLEASE read the entire requirement to understand how and where to apply. ***
- Please follow the online application process on the career’s portal of the Genesis website
- We use an automated applicant tracking system in order to receive and manage all applications in one central point, and for this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents/attachments cannot be bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted
- Relevant previous experience is essential
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only - if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially